I was supposed to have this done before Emmy’s brithday, as a little gift from Mommy. But I didn’t. Are you surprised? I had high hopes, but then the 1st birthday party planning took over and time just got away from me. Eh well, you win some…
Anyway, It’s done now, after a much needed cleaning and tune up to my machine. It was my first time using the free motion quilting technique, and I’ll admit It’s not perfect, there are a few puckers here and there, but I love that about it. I think, once its washed a lot of those imperfections will softened up. All in all, it was a lot of fun thinking about the random arrangement, piecing each square together and finally quilting it. Well worth the 3 month delay.
All the sheets were found at the Salvation Army. It’s amazing how many abandoned pillowcases and sheet sets there are back in there. With the scraps I did end up making a string of bunting pennants, in time for the birthday party, which I’m going to try and find a place for in Emmy’s room, soon.
If you’re interested in any leftover sheets, let me know—I’m thinking about putting them up for sale on etsy.